As you know, WoW characters who drink a little too much get drunk. This overflow of alcohol can occur during parties where the drinks are numerous and sometimes unpublished as at the Fête des Brasseurs. This results in a screen that becomes blurry, a character that no longer walks quite straight, and monsters that appear to be of a lower level than they actually are.
To sober, you have to wait… or drink a specific drink. Certain beverages have the ability to accelerate the sobering up of characters.
This is the case for the following drinks:
- blackrock cafe : Sobers you up a bit. Formerly sold during the Kirin Tor Tavern Tour. It may still be found occasionally in the Blingtron 5000 Gift Pack or at the Auction House.
- Major’s sparkling coffee : Sobers you up a bit. It is sold by many NPCs in Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands areas.
- Starburn Espresso : Makes you sober slightly. It is a cooking recipe that can be purchased for 3 Epicurean’s Rewards. The compounds are cocoa bean and spring water. Cocoa Beans can be found in Imported Supplies bags (1x Epicurean’s Reward) but can also be purchased from HA.
- Kafatiere : Sobers you up. An item to find on a frozen Trail Carrier in Kun-Lai Summit, below the Yeti Cave.
- Kafa cup : Makes you sober. It’s a quest reward in Kun-Lai Summit (The Convent Troubles).
- Kafa Fada : Sobers you up, but only works at Kun-Lai Summit. It is also a quest reward (Gourmet-crunchy Kafa).
When you do the count, because several objects have cooldowns of 5 to 10 minutes, the ideal is to use the Starburn Espresso because you can make it quite easily, you can find it in AH for not too expensive and you can use it as many times as you want.
Note that one drink is not enough. It all depends on your blood alcohol level. Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed, you may need 5 or 10 Starburn Espressos. Imagine that a distilled Noctevin adds +50 to your alcohol level. If the espresso is +15, you’ll need to can 4 to negate the effects. These are random values, but it helps you understand the idea.