The Vault of Incarnations is the 1st raid of Dragonflight, the 9th extension of WoW. It is found in the Thaldraszus area and has 8 encounters, with Raszageth as the final boss. This raid wraps up the story of Dragonflight’s campaign, with Alexstrasza inviting you to gear up to lead the assault on the fortress. Here is all the information about the Caveau des Incarnations.
1. Bosses and Lore
The Vault of Incarnations is made up of 8 bosses:
- The Prime Council
- Sennarth, the Glacial
- Dathea, transcended
- Kurog Grimtotem
- Diurna Broodguard
- Raszageth the Stormmage
The Primalists have breached the Titan prison used to hold Incarnates for millennia. Inside, Raszageth performs a vile ritual to free his siblings, so that together they can purge the world of Titan influence.
The champions of Azeroth must storm this impregnable fortress and break through its defenses to end this threat. Although many may fail, defeat dooms the entire realm to the reign of fire and blood of the Incarnates.
2. Rewards, Item Level, and Sets
2.1. Item level
Here is the level of the objects (ilvl) dropped by the bosses of the vault. As you can see, it depends on your progress in the raid. The data was taken from the beta with the build in progress on September 23, 2022. Blizzard can of course modify these values in the coming weeks.
|Difficulty||Eranog||Terros, Prime Council, and Sennarth||Dathea and Kurog||Diurna and Raszageth|
2.2. Primalist Sets
The Primalists set work with a system of tokens that drop on the last 5 bosses of the instance, namely Sennarth, Dathé, Kurog, Diurna and Raszageth.
the set level is 398 for the first 6 bosses and 408 for the last two, for the 4 difficulty modes. However, we are still in beta and this will necessarily evolve.
There are 5 kinds of stone, each with a type of gem and an adjective, such as Zenith Jade Stoneforge. All jade stones are dropped by Sennarth while “zenith” means the item allows for a set piece for Warrior, Rogue, Monk and Evoker.
Here are the different tokens that exist:
- Forgepierre “zenith”: Token shared by the Warrior, Thief, Monk and Evoker.
- Dreadful Stoneforge: Token shared by Death Knights, Warlocks, and Demon Hunters.
- “Mystical” Stoneforge: Token shared by Hunters, Mages and Druids.
- Stoneforge “revered”: Token shared by the Paladin, Priest and Shaman.
Finally, let’s move on to the bosses that drop the different types of stone:
- Jade Stoneforge: Sennarth
- Garnet Stoneforge: Dathea
- Amethyst Stoneforge: Kurog
- Lapis Stoneforge: Diurna
- Topaz Stoneforge: Raszageth
For now, the tokens are not tied to a specific coin. However, it could be that Jade is for the helmet, Garnet for the torso, or something like that.
2.3. Achievements, Title, and Mount
Several achievements are related to the Vault of Incarnations. Currently (beta), there are various achievements for the raid:
- First defeat all the bosses.
- An achievement for each boss in Mythic difficulty.
- A Vault Looting Glory meta achievement that requires 8 achievements to be completed.
For now, data about titles and mounts is missing from the Dragonflight beta. However, it is estimated that Raszageth could drop a mount in Mythic mode.
Raszageth the Stormeater’s Mythic mount?
3. Best classes and specs for the Vault of Incarnations
4. Release schedule
Dragonflight is slated for release in late 2022. Currently, the expansion is believed to release in late November or early December.
If all goes as in Shadowlands, the Vault of Incarnations raid will open its doors at the launch of Dragonflight Season 1, with Normal and Heroic modes first.
- Opening the raid in Normal mode and Heroic mode.
- A week later, opening of Mythic mode and the 1st wing in Raid Tool.
- Two weeks later, opening of the 2nd wing in Tool raids.
- Two weeks later, opening of the 3rd wing in Tool raids.
Note that the number of wings for Raid Finder is not yet known. The above items are assumptions.
5. Access and portal
The Vault of Incarnations is located east of Thaldraszus. You can get there with the Dragon Ride. A flight master is located just outside the entrance and access is fairly quick from the capital Valdrakken.