Food and gastronomy
It’s hot, very hot this week in Belgium! Temperatures that can sometimes cut the appetite. So we found the recipe ultra refreshing to eat as a main course or as a side dish.
For this, nothing better than raw vegetables and delicious fresh fruit. Simona El-Harar, chef of Kitchen 151 restaurant and new Streetfood cookbook,’s “perfect salad” recipe suggests filling up on healthy vegetables, fennel with the wonderful taste of anise, oranges, pomegranate seeds or even pecans. In short, a delight!
Ingredients for 4 persons) :
- 1 orange
- 1 or 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 bunch of small radishes
- 1 large romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp amba
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, grated
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 1 large handful of pecans or walnuts of your choice
- Start by removing the pomegranate seeds.
- Peel the orange then, with a sharp knife, cut the raw flesh: it’s a bit tedious but it’s worth it.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulbs, from top to bottom. Cut the radishes in 2. Coarsely chop the romaine lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine the amba, grenadine molasses, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, put the pomegranate seeds, orange segments, fennel, radishes and lettuce and mix.
- Pour the vinaigrette on top and toss again.
- Finish with pecans or walnuts of your choice.