This Tuesday afternoon, the Japanese manufacturer broadcast a new Nintendo Direct, the opportunity to announce the next Switch game releases for this end of the year as well as the beginning of next year. Back to the major announcements.
Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)
The Nintendo Direct kicked off with the announcement of a new installment in the Fire Emblem series. “Engage” is the title of the next major installment in the franchise, still being developed by studio Intelligent Systems. The title will offer a new story, a revised presentation and new ideas. The trailer highlights the possibility for new heroes to use the powers of the emblematic characters of the series. Fire Emblem Engage is slated for release on January 20, 2023.
Project Zero: The Mask of Lunar Eclipse (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch)
The Project Zero license will offer a remaster of its fourth episode. Released in the late 2000s on Wii, “The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse” had never been released outside of Japan until then. The horror game will allow us to embody several characters in an improved edition that will offer some bonuses. The title will be released in early 2023.
Octopath Traveler II (Switch, PS4, PS5)
A little over four years after the release of Octopath Traveler, we learn that the Square Enix game will be entitled to a sequel. This second game will immerse us in the story of eight new characters who will eventually join forces. The title will still be made in the HD-2D style used by Square Enix since the first game. Octopath Traveler II is already scheduled for February 24th.
Thearrhythm Final Bar Line (PS4, Switch)
After several very convincing episodes on 3DS and a visit to Japanese arcades, the Theatrhythm license is back to offer a new episode centered on Final Fantasy. “Final Bar Line” will be a rhythm game that allows us to play on a lot of music from the Final Fantasy license. The title will offer ready 400 songs and much more in DLC. Theatrhythm Final Bar Line will be available on February 16.
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life (Switch)
Some may remember Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, a game released in the 2000s on Gamecube and PS2. The title will be back next year in a remastered version. Like the other episodes of the license, this is an agricultural simulation game where we will have to develop our farm and take care of our animals.
Pikmin 4 (Switch)
The Pikmin license will be entitled to a fourth game next year. Shigeru Miyamoto had mentioned the existence of this fourth episode as early as 2015, but the game has not been discussed since. Revealed by a teaser that shows almost nothing, Pikmin 4 should still offer reworked controls.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PC, PS4, PS5, Switch)
The Atelier series continues to offer new titles. Given the success of the episodes centered on the adventures of Ryza, it is not very surprising to see a third episode land. The alchemist is back with characters from previous games for a new story. The trailer announces 11 playable characters and new combat and exploration mechanics. Atelier Ryza 3 will be available from February 24, 2023.
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch)
After several games released this year, the Kirby license will also soon offer a remaster of the Wii episode: Return to Dream Land. The platform and action game in 2D view will be improved with some new features such as a new transformation for Kirby and new mini-games. Return to Dream Land Deluxe will be available on February 24, 2023.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild finally reveals more information after months of waiting. A short enigmatic trailer lets us see Hyrule from the skies as well as Link’s new powers. We finally know the title of the game, as well as its release date. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will be released on May 12, 2023.
Other announcements and dates:
- It Takes Two arrives on Switch on November 4th.
- Tunic will be released on Switch on September 29.
- The Front Mission 1st remake will arrive in November, followed by the second game in 2023 and a remake of the third game later.
- Rune Factory 3 will be entitled to a “Special” version in 2023.
- Harvestella, the farming simulation game from Square Enix, will arrive on November 04. A demo is already available.
- Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE, the new game from the creators of Danganronpa, is slated for Spring 2023.
- Resident Evil Village will arrive on Switch in a cloud version from October 28, Resident Evil 2 and 3 will follow at the end of the year.
- Sifu will be released on Switch on November 8th.
- Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion is scheduled for December 13.
- Shoot ’em up Radiant Silvergun is now available on Switch.
- Tales of Symphonia Remastered is coming to Switch, Xbox, and PS4 early next year.
Updates for titles already available:
- The second wave of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass will arrive on October 14.
- Splatoon 3 will feature a new Splatfest event from September 24 through September 26.
- Mario Strikers: Battle League Football will offer a new free update during this month, this one adds two characters (Pauline and Diddy Kong), a new field and new equipment.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will offer a new wave of tracks this winter 2022.
- Nintendo Switch Sports Golf Mode is coming for free this Winter 2022.
- Several titles will be added to the Nintendo 64 catalog of Nintendo Switch Online in 2022 and 2023 (Pilotwings 64, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2, 1080p Snowboarding, Excitebike 64 as well as Goldeneye 007)
Follow Geeko on Facebook, Youtube and Instagram to not miss any news, tests and tips.