AEW Dynamite Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The commentators are Taz, Tony Schiavone and Excalibur.
– Tonight is AEW Dynamite, the show starts with the commentators who welcome us with an explosive crowd in the background. Renee Paquette arrives on stage and welcomes us to Dynamite for this first show in Canada and outside the United States. She presents Christian Cage who arrives. Renee asks how it feels to be back in Toronto. Christian says it’s great to be the face of Toronto and Canada. He guarantees us a victory for tonight, 100%, as sure as the Toronto Maple Leafs who lose in the first round in hockey. Christian presents his weapon of destruction, Luchasaurus.
Luchasaurus accompanied by Christian Cage vs. Jungle Boy (Jack Perry)
At the end of the fight, Perry manages to Sunset Flip Bomb Luchasaurus through a table. Christian approaches the ring to distract Perry and Luchasaurus regains the advantage. Then, Luchasaurus manages to ChokeSlam Perry, but he resists. Luchasaurus picks Perry up, but Perry punches him back and Crucifixes him to cover him, but he resists. Perry goes for a Killswitch, but Luchasaurus blocks it. Perry follows up with a Poison Rana and killswitches Luchasaurus to cover him, but he resists. Perry continues with his Snare Trap, but Luchasaurus crawls to grab a rope. Christian helps Luchasaurus keep the rope in hand, Perry leaves the ring to talk to him. Luchasaurus takes the opportunity to Slam Perry and TKO him for the count of three.
– Backstage, Renee Paquette is with Ethan Page and The Firm celebrating. Matt Hardy arrives with Private Party to ask what they are doing. Stokely says they bought the contract from Private Party, Matt wanted them free. Matt says it’s a transfer from the same clan. Why not fight with Ethan Page tonight? Ethan Page tells Matt to let the guys fight. Him against Isiah Kassidy at Rampage on Friday and if Kassidy wins Private Party will be free. But if he wins, The Firm will win Matt’s contract as a bonus. Matt Hardy approves.
– Back after the break, the Factory is in the ring. QT Marshall says it’s WarJoe, it’s very creative… Wardlow’s music cuts it.
Tag Team Match
QT Marshall and Nick Comoroto accompanied by Aaron Solo vs. WarJoe (Wardlow and Samoa Joe)
At the end of the fight, Wardlow made a Swanton Bomb on Comoroto and Joe followed up with his Coquina Clutch to knock him out.
– After the fight, Marshall gets up and Samoa Joe throws him at Wardlow for a Powerbomb. Wardlow wants to do another one, but Brian Cage and Prince Nana arrive with the clan. Prince Nana says he’s disappointed with Joe not minding his own business. Brian Cage says no one wants to see a Wardlow Powerbomb. Like when they intervene during the FTR match. By the way, is FTR here? FTR’s music starts and they arrive in the ring to a loud ovation. Dax Harwood says WarJoe worked hard so they can’t work twice in a row. They have found a perfect partner from Canada, he has a 10 rating, Shawn Spears enters the ring.
– Behind the scenes, Tony Schiavone is with Chris Jericho, Menard and Parker. Parker says Bryan Danielson is trash. It’s a personal story because of Danielson who approached Daniel Garcia to break up their happy family. Menard says he promises it will hurt. Jericho says Garcia was like a little brother. Danielson forced to hurt his little brother. For a week Garcia has not returned his calls. Tonight he will be the Lionheart to defeat Danielson as a wrestler.
– The Acclaimed enters the ring. Max Caster does his rap saying that Billy is going to beat the sneaky Swerve. Swerve will need a new blacker nose than Trudeau.
Swerve Strickland v Billy Gunn accompanied by Acclaimed
At the end of the fight, Billy goes for his finisher, but Strickland avoids him. Strickland hits him on the leg and Face Busters him. Strickland gets on the corner for a Double Stomp and covers Billy, but he resists. Billy dodges a charge from Strickland and takes it for a Slam, but Strickland knocks him down with a quick count while holding a rope to complete the three.
Winner: Swerve Strickland
– After the fight, The Acclaimed is not happy with Strickland’s gesture and gets in the ring to make sure Billy is okay. They want to do scissors all together, but Mark Sterling arrives with Tony Nese. Sterling says they probably missed the email, but they have an important document. Nese presents a document from the United States saying that they own the trademark ”Scissor Me”. That means they can’t say the catchphrase anymore, or do scissoring, and all the money for the t-shirts goes to him. If they make the move, he can sue them all. Sterling says he can work with them, he can think of an offer. Until then, they are the ones doing the scissors. Nese and Sterling are scissoring each other.
– Behind the scenes, Alex Marvez is with MJF to get his reaction after his victory against Wheeler Yuta where he seemed to want to shake his hand. MJF was going to answer, but Stokely arrives. Stokely says they made Yuta sleep like pros. MJF says it’s great to get cut off during his interview…he’s going to have to punish him. If Stokely steps into his moment again, he’s going to send him away for good. MJF says he and William Regal have a dark past. He can assure Regal doesn’t want to remember it, but he can talk about it without fear. Was he going to shake Yuta’s hand? He does not know. But when he was younger, he learned that good guys always finish last. He knows the people behind the scenes probably want to see him dead, but we have no idea what it’s like to be MJF, he has no choice whether to be a bad guy or not. MJF says it’s necessary to be world champion. He’s the guy with the token and the one who’s cross-generational talent.
– Back, Tony Schiavone is in the ring. Schiavone says next week Tuesday we have Jon Moxley vs. Adam Hangman Page and that needs to be talked about. Champion Jon Moxley arrives in the ring. Schiavone asks for his comments. Moxley says after three years it’s good to be back in Toronto. He was AEW World Champion during those years, people with more or less greatness came to confront him. Being champion is not fun or easy. We have a target on our back, everyone wants to face you. Everyone wants to see you fail. Lots of people get to the top and crumble under the pressure, some fall faster than others. He has no right to hesitation or a second chance. Moxley says he must be ruthless, but he loves this job. So that leads him to the cowboy, Adam Hangman Page. Page’s music starts and he comes to the ring.
Page says if Moxley wants to say anything about him, he has to tell her in person. Page says Moxley said it all last week. Moxley said he had respect for him, for the person he is. Page says it meant a lot to him coming from Moxley. He watched Moxley for three years, a great champion, a great father, someone he wants to be. We see MJF watching the scene in his dressing room. Page says Moxley called him a kid, is he really a kid to him? Moxley says yes, Page isn’t the same guy who pushed him down a ladder a year ago. He doesn’t think Page has what it takes to take the win. Page says Moxley may be right, in May he wavered and it cost him the title. He went for the Trios titles and he failed. His friends are gone, his old friends are gone too. He ends up with nothing, so he’s angry, he’s sad, he can’t bear it, but he’s still here because he’s a man. He is 31 years old, a former world champion, he brought a new life to the world, he is a husband, he was strangled and he always came back because he is a man. Page says he knows what he will have to do next week, it doesn’t matter if Moxley’s cousin or mom is there, he will beat Moxley to get back what he shouldn’t have lost.
Page says he only has one word. Tuesday he will take the title and tonight his words are that he will be the next world champion. The crowd sings ”MJF”. Page says he wanted to say it in person unlike MJF. Page shoves Moxley and leaves.
ROH World Championship – Singles Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Jericho (c) accompanied by Matt Menard and Angelo Parker
At the end of the fight, Danielson dodges the Lionsaut and Jumps Knee Jericho from the corner and gets back on the corner for second. Danielson comes back on the corner for a third, but Jericho blocks him in Code Breaker to cover him, but he resists. The two exchange blows, Jericho pushes Danielson away and he collides with the referee by mistake. The two do a Double Clothesline. Matt Menard gives the ROH title to Jericho. Jericho prepares to hit Danielson with the title, but Daniel Garcia arrives and strips him of the ROH title. Danielson took the opportunity to do his Running Knee on Jericho, but Garcia hits Danielson with the ROH title in the head! Parker brings the referee back into the ring and Jericho covers Danielson for the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– After the fight, Jericho celebrates his victory with Daniel Garcia. The Blackpool Combat Club arrives to deal with Danielson and the Jericho clan leaves.
– Behind the scenes, Renee Paquette is with the clan of Vickie Guerrero. Vickie asks to introduce Nyla Rose as the TBS Champion. Paquette says she’s not really the champion. Rose says she holds the title, she rules. Anna Jay walks in and says she sees Nyla Rose playing the champion, so why not make Rampage a match on Friday for the TBS title? She can show Rose and Jade Cargill what a true champion is. Rose says she’s going to kick his ass on Friday.
– Back, the wrestlers arrive.
Tag Team Match
Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker accompanied by Rebel vs. Hikaru Shida and Toni Storm
At the end of the fight, Hayter clotheslined Shida and Baker followed up with a Stomp to cover her, but Storm broke the count. Storm does a Tornado DDT to Baker and continues with a Storm Zero. Shida makes the count, but Hayter pushes Storm onto Baker. Shida pushes Hayter away with a kick. Baker blocks a hold from Shida with a quick count, but she resists. Baker follows up with her Lock Jaw, but Shida flips her into a quick count and Baker resists. Shida continues with a Falcon Arrow and the two roll up, Shida manages to block the last roll up for the three.
Winners: Hikaru Shida and Toni Storm
– Commentators add for Friday at Rampage: Moxley & Castagnoli vs Butcher & Blade.
– Back, the wrestlers arrive.
AEW All-Atlantic Championship – Singles Match
Orange Cassidy vs PAC (c)
At the end of the fight, PAC Tombstone Piledriver Cassidy on the stage and returns to the ring, but Cassidy returns to the ring to break the count. PAC applies his Brutalizer on Cassidy, but he steps on a cable. PAC argues with the referee, Cassidy takes the opportunity to regain the advantage. Cassidy DDTs him and his Orange Punch to cover him, but PAC resists at the last second. Cassidy gets on the corner, but PAC rolls onto the apron. Cassidy joins him on the apron and gives him a Beack Break. Cassidy prepares for an Orange Punch, but Pac avoids her and suplexes her. Pac continues with a Brutalizer, but Cassidy still manages to hit a rope. Pac wants to cheat with his title, but Danhausen comes in and blocks him. Pac punches Danhausen and the referee pulls him back into the ring asking what he is doing. Pac takes another hammer but Cassidy blocks it with an Orange Punch. Cassidy takes the hammer, but the referee stops her. Pac takes advantage of this with a Roll Up and he resists. Cassidy gives him an Orange Punch, a second and covers him for the win.
Winner: Orange Cassidy – New Champion
The show ends with a celebration of the new All-Atlantic champion with the Best Friends.
photo credit: AEW